A short two-person dance, with a twist. Or more accurately, a shear: time is remapped so that there is a delay that increases as you move from the top of the frame down to the bottom. Or in math: (x’, y’, t’) = (x, y, t – y), in some units. Via Terence Tao and Alex Fink.
Follow this blog on Twitter
- rocken1844: Remember it was actress Hedy Lamar that received a patent for a torpedo...
- Platohagel: I think this kind of cool that your contributions can be used in this way....
- Scott B near Berkeley: Having been an extra on many television and movie productions, I...
- Sean Carroll: Thanks!
- Falken: I just got done watching the episode you’re talking about and caught...
- Amarnath: You said you wanted to write your own equations. Good point. I am a chemist...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)