A short two-person dance, with a twist. Or more accurately, a shear: time is remapped so that there is a delay that increases as you move from the top of the frame down to the bottom. Or in math: (x’, y’, t’) = (x, y, t – y), in some units. Via Terence Tao and Alex Fink.
Blog Updates via Twitter
Blog Updates via Email
- Live Q&As, Past and Future
- Consciousness and Downward Causation
- Maybe We Do Not Live in a Simulation: The Resolution Conundrum
- You Should Love (or at least respect) the Schrödinger Equation
- Space Emerging from Quantum Mechanics
- Father of the Big Bang
- The Big Picture: The Talk
- Give the People What They Want
The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity The Higgs Boson and Beyond (The Great Courses) Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)
- All text copyright © Sean M. Carroll.