A short two-person dance, with a twist. Or more accurately, a shear: time is remapped so that there is a delay that increases as you move from the top of the frame down to the bottom. Or in math: (x’, y’, t’) = (x, y, t – y), in some units. Via Terence Tao and Alex Fink.
Follow this blog on Twitter
- Guest Post by Alessandra Buonanno: Nobel Laureates Call for Release of Iranian Student Omid Kokabee
- Unsolicited Advice: Becoming a Science Communicator
- Discovering Tesseracts
- Purposeful Distortion
- The Science of Interstellar
- How to Communicate on the Internet
- Does Santa Exist?
- The Evolution of Evolution: Gradualism, or Punctuated Equilibrium?
- Precious Fluids: I get the subtext for what they were planning to do with physicists ....
- vmarko: bostontola, “What Iran is doing is wrong. Trying to coerce someone to do...
- bostontola: What Iran is doing is wrong. Trying to coerce someone to do things against...
- paul kramarchyk: The internal politics of Iran are none of my business. I have several...
- peterpan: I would like to remind readers to what has happened to David Bohm.To the...
- Brett: to ride on L.D.’s coat tails; I thought it didn’t make much sense to...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)