A short two-person dance, with a twist. Or more accurately, a shear: time is remapped so that there is a delay that increases as you move from the top of the frame down to the bottom. Or in math: (x’, y’, t’) = (x, y, t – y), in some units. Via Terence Tao and Alex Fink.
Follow this blog on Twitter
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Kasuha: I have major problems with entropy on cosmological scales. It’s clear how...
- Vinod Sehgal: @ darrelle Despite the fact of living systems increasing entropy more...
- darrelle: Ben, Regarding entropy / life, late last year or earlier this year there was...
- Garcol Euphrates: Storified not totally compatible with Firefox/40, but IE11 works!
- Garcol Euphrates: J S Bell seems to acquit himself quite well on the topic of hidden...
- Ajit R. Jadhav: Dear Prof. Bejan, 0. Thanks for your reply. 1. I said I thought that in...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity The Higgs Boson and Beyond (The Great Courses) Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)
- All text copyright © Sean M. Carroll.