Follow this blog on Twitter
- I Wanna Live Forever
- The Wrong Objections to the Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- Problem Book in Relativity and Gravitation: Free Online!
- New Course: The Higgs Boson and Beyond
- The State of the Early Universe
- We Are All Machines That Think
- Dark Matter, Explained
- A Simple Form of Poker “Essentially” Solved
- Jim: Nifty indeed. From the photo the down position looks a bit un-ergonomical though,...
- Ray Gunn: I don’t get the Schrodinger’s Cat experiment. Until I look in the...
- Justin Loe: I have started using the step measure on my iPhone. I haven’t made a...
- John Anderson: I just finished watching the last lecture tonight and would recommend...
- Jeffrey: Great addition to the Great Course catalog. While I am at the early section...
- John Barrett: Studies show that 100% of people that drink water all die! I have heard...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity The Higgs Boson and Beyond (The Great Courses) Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)
- All text copyright © Sean M. Carroll.
Category Archives: Blog
Almost forgot again — the leap-year thing always gets me. But I’ve now officially been blogging for ten years. Over 2,000 posts, generating over 57,000 comments. I don’t have accurate stats because I’ve moved around a bit, but on the … Continue reading
So apparently I just took an unscheduled blogging hiatus over the past couple of weeks. Sorry about that — it wasn’t at all intentional, real life just got in the way. It was a fun kind of real life — … Continue reading
I took a few minutes to update some stuff on the blog. As always, what is intended as an improvement might end up making things worse, so feel free to chime in. In no particular order: The death of Google … Continue reading
Happy New Year! As is quasi-traditional, we will ring in the new arbitrary chronological signifier by recapping some of the greatest blogging hits of the last year. For last year’s list I actually did a bit of work, organizing things … Continue reading
Welcome to the latest incarnation of my blog-related programming activities. As our friend Lucretius says, “All that we see about us consists of transient arrangements of atoms. Some awaken to life. None holds forever.” I’ve bid an extremely fond farewell … Continue reading
Editor’s Note: Way back in 2007, we here at the blog were struggling with a vocal minority of obnoxious commenters. I was stuck on a cross-country plane flight with my laptop, and took out my frustrations by banging out this … Continue reading
‘Tis the season when bloggers, playing out the string between Xmas and New Year’s, fill the void with greatest-hits lists from the year just passed. But a question inevitably arises: how does one decide which posts to include? There are … Continue reading
Matt Strassler’s post prodded me to look back and notice something: we really have had quite an amazing collection of guest bloggers over the years. There is a page on the site dedicated to keeping track (as well as a … Continue reading
Sometime this Monday afternoon, Cosmic Variance welcomed its 10 millionth visitor. Yay us! (And yay all the visitors!)
Keen eyes will notice tiny improvements in the look-and-feel of the Discover blogs today, thanks to behind-the-scenes work of our crack website team. One improvement is that the social-media buttons at the bottom of each post are a little more … Continue reading