Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
- Guest Post: Chip Sebens on the Many-Interacting-Worlds Approach to Quantum Mechanics
- Slow Life
- Where Have We Tested Gravity?
- Einstein’s Papers Online
- Guest Post by Alessandra Buonanno: Nobel Laureates Call for Release of Iranian Student Omid Kokabee
- Unsolicited Advice: Becoming a Science Communicator
- Discovering Tesseracts
- Tin Man: ok, so every particle gets 3 dimensions in config space– what about...
- dmw: Dark matter waves in a double slit experiment.
- John Barrett: God plays dice with the universe! I have always been a dreamer, and those...
- John Barrett: @JohnD What a coincidence, then you would have to take the inverse of...
- John Call: Jared, Yes, I see. That makes a lot of sense. I feel that we may need to...
- Walker Guthrie: Can anyone help me with researching an effect that I observed many...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)