Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
- I Wanna Live Forever
- The Wrong Objections to the Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- Problem Book in Relativity and Gravitation: Free Online!
- New Course: The Higgs Boson and Beyond
- The State of the Early Universe
- We Are All Machines That Think
- Dark Matter, Explained
- A Simple Form of Poker “Essentially” Solved
- Justin Loe: Incidentally, since there’s no open thread, I’ll post my...
- Jim: Nifty indeed. From the photo the down position looks a bit un-ergonomical though,...
- Ray Gunn: I don’t get the Schrodinger’s Cat experiment. Until I look in the...
- Justin Loe: I have started using the step measure on my iPhone. I haven’t made a...
- John Anderson: I just finished watching the last lecture tonight and would recommend...
- Jeffrey: Great addition to the Great Course catalog. While I am at the early section...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity The Higgs Boson and Beyond (The Great Courses) Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)
- All text copyright © Sean M. Carroll.