Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
- Robin Houston: I think all the best popular mathematics articles that I’ve read...
- Navneeth: Many plus-ones for Emily Lakhdawala and the multi-talented Vi Hart. I would...
- Lila Guterman: Nice list! And in the realm of shameless self-promotion, I’d like...
- Barbara: Thank you for this!!! We are all culturally brainwashed even today about women...
- Thiago Leitão: Just of the top of my head you seem to have forgotten two great science...
- David Palmer: And Vi Hart of course.
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)