Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
- Guest Post by Alessandra Buonanno: Nobel Laureates Call for Release of Iranian Student Omid Kokabee
- Unsolicited Advice: Becoming a Science Communicator
- Discovering Tesseracts
- Purposeful Distortion
- The Science of Interstellar
- How to Communicate on the Internet
- Does Santa Exist?
- The Evolution of Evolution: Gradualism, or Punctuated Equilibrium?
- Phillip Helbig: What is the reason why some comments have a yellow background?
- Phillip Helbig: “It’s a darn good thing we don’t imprison foreign nationals for...
- vmarko: bostontola, “though no evidence for that truth is available, and lots of...
- bostontola: Vmarko, I read the article. He was charged with communicating with an...
- Precious Fluids: I get the subtext for what they were planning to do with physicists ....
- vmarko: bostontola, “What Iran is doing is wrong. Trying to coerce someone to do...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)