Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Arny Sommerfeld: I would think that time is decomposable and that space is not....
- Amrit Sorli: Dear Sean, our research confirms “space-model has no counterpart in...
- Vinod Sehgal: @ Jim V When I mentioned that there is nothing per se in negative or...
- bostontola: Personally, I don’t consider spacetime to be overrated anymore than I...
- Larry B.: You need a vacation, my friend. Very badly!
- Dan: The Storify link included in the email notice doesn’t work. Try this one:...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity The Higgs Boson and Beyond (The Great Courses) Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)
- All text copyright © Sean M. Carroll.