Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
- Cosmological Attractors
- Norms for Respectful Classroom/Seminar Discussion
- Troublesome Speech and the UIUC Boycott
- Should Scientific Progress Affect Religious Beliefs?
- Effective Field Theory MOOC from MIT
- Single Superfield Inflation: The Trailer
- Quantum Foundations of a Classical Universe
- Quantum Sleeping Beauty and the Multiverse
- Sean Carroll: Not sure what the excitement is about. Someone made an analogue system to...
- Reginald Selkirk: Is this something you would feel comfortable commenting on? Pilot...
- Easily Confused: I always assumed that the Big Bang theory was not only an expansion of...
- Steve Crye: Good to see that Chalmers is still around! I first learned of his work back...
- John Barrett: I would have been surprised if he answered that one. I more or less...
- peterpan: Sean, Like John, I would like to know if an attractor could possibly play a...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)