Couldn’t resist posting this photograph of the crescent Venus snuggling up to the crescent Moon. Taken by Ivan Eder, Budapest; posted on Facebook by Stars and Constellations; pointed to by Nick Suntzeff. (Update: Peter Simpkin points out that the original can be found here.)
Follow this blog on Twitter
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Guest Post: Don Page on God and Cosmology
- Auction: Multiply-Signed Copy of Why Evolution Is True
- What Happens Inside the Quantum Wave Function?
- From Child Preacher to Adult Humanist
- The Big Questions
- Guest Post: An Interview with Jamie Bock of BICEP2
- I Wanna Live Forever
- The Wrong Objections to the Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- Paul Wright: Hi Simon, you’ll notice I chose my examples carefully: amputees and...
- Reginald Selkirk: John: This is so filled with fallacies that it’s amazing you try to...
- John: What exactly is a miracle anyway? If I fall from 22,000 feet and live is that a...
- Simon Packer: Paul Wright “Since the truth of these miracles has completely ceased to...
- Simon Packer: Reginald Good answer by John. Also So Josephus was Jewish? Born so, yes....
- Paul Wright: Lessing, as quoted by John W. Loftus: “We all believe that an Alexander...
@seanmcarroll on TwitterMy Tweets
The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity The Higgs Boson and Beyond (The Great Courses) Mysteries of Modern Physics -- Time (The Great Courses) Dark Matter and Dark Energy (The Great Courses)
- All text copyright © Sean M. Carroll.